Our business was born because one of our founders had great foresight, and always managed to spot specific parts of London or Greater London as the best place to be for a good standard of living. At least a decade in advance, our founder was able to identify Stratford, Beckton, Royal Docks, Britannia Village, and Excel areas, as being areas that would attract investment, regeneration, and offer a Safe, Stable, and happy environment to live in. The founders had family, and friends that always enjoyed spending a weekend or a few weeks holiday with them, telling them that the trip was so rejuvenating and enjoyable, that was when the idea came to their minds. They decided to create a Serviced Apartment where Guests could benefit from the experience their family and friends were raving about.
They wanted other people to stay for a few nights in that home, and experience the same bliss that they did, as if the place was their home, and see the place through their eyes.
Welcomedwelling.com Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK, with Registration number: ZA662021
Our Data Processing Officer is Ms Jagjeet Nwosu, with email address: [email protected]. Please feel free, to get in touch with our Data Protection Officer if you would like any further information regarding the way your personal data is properly collected, managed, stored, and retained.
OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will collect and use different personal information about you, for different reasons, depending on our relationship with you. Sometimes you may give us additional personal information about your health, ethnicity, religious beliefs, etc. because you are making a special request for your stay. Where this information is provided to us, we will do our best to give you the information you require, and which place is suitable for your particular circumstances. Where you have provided personal information to us about the other members staying with you, we will also be the controller of their personal information, and we are responsible for protecting their personal information, and using it appropriately. This Policy will therefore apply to the members of your group, and you should refer them to the Apartment Manual, or the Website, or email a copy to them, so that they are aware of the Policy.
THE DATA COLLECTED WHEN BOOKING BOOKING STAGE
- Your full name and title, address, telephone numbers and email addresses, date of birth and
- Identity documents such as passport, driving licence and national insurance
- Employment status and related information such as job
- Details of any special requests, if applicable
- The number of adults and children that will be staying in the apartment with
- Details of the payment card that you use to make the booking, including the type of card, long card number, expiry date and three security digits.
- Your smoking
- Recordings of telephone calls we make when you book over the
ON ARRIVAL AT THE SERVICED APARTMENT
- Identity documents such as Passport, Driving Licence or National Identity Card
- Details of your next destination if you provide this to
- Your full name and
- Your unique booking reference
- CCTV recordings of your arrival at the
DURING, OR AFTER YOUR STAY
- Any Feedback, Reviews, or any Improvements/Complaints that you may have.
THE WAYS IN WHICH WE COLLECT DATA FROM YOU
DIRECTLY FROM YOU:
- When you book one of our apartments through our website or over email
- When you book one of our apartments over the telephone;
- During any subsequent communications we have with you, such as by telephone, email, live chat, whatsapp, skype, or when you make a general
WE WILL ALSO COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM:
- Your employer, if the booking is made by your employer on your
- The booker, if an Individual is booking on your
WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR THE FOLLOWING LEGAL REASONS:
- We need to use your personal information to enter into the booking contract with you. We will rely on this legal reason for all activities that are connected to your booking and without using your personal information we would be unable to do so, such as confirming your booking details following confirmation of payment, and arranging the Check-In process with
- We have a business need to use your personal information. This will include for the purpose of operating and improving our website, ensuring the security of our website and services, maintaining back-ups of our databases, and responding to your enquires. When relying on this legal ground, we are under a duty to assess your rights and to ensure that we do not use your information unless we can demonstrate a legitimate business
- When we use your “additional personal information” (such as information about your health), we will ask for your explicit consent. We are also permitted to use your additional personal information if we need to establish or defend our legal
PURPOSE FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To manage your booking and booking preferences and to provide you with access to the apartment you have
- To communicate with you in respect of your booking and to answer any queries that you may
- To provide improved quality, training, and security (for example, through recorded phone calls to our contact numbers, or carrying out customer satisfaction surveys).
- To obtain or maintain insurance cover, manage risks or obtain legal
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- It is necessary to enter into or perform your
- We have a business need (to run our business effectively and provide a high-quality service)
- It is necessary to enter into or perform your booking
- We have a business need (to respond to all communications)
- For business purposes such as operating and improving our website, ensuring the security of our website and services, and maintaining back-ups of our databases
- We have a business need (to develop and improve the services we offer)
- We have a business need (to ensure we are adequately insured and have an effective risk strategy in place)
WHO WILL WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
We do not share or distribute your personal information, other than to the following third parties, and only under the limited circumstances we have set out above
- Other sister companies of Welcomedwelling.com Limited, which comprise Welcomedwelling Inc., Fortivus Strategy Consulting Limited, and St. Jude Property Consultants
- Service providers we have contracted with, including payment service providers, our subcontractors and agents, auditors, our solicitors, actuaries, IT providers and database providers, marketing mailing providers, and business
- Any third parties in the event of a sale, merger, reorganisation, transfer or dissolution of our business.
- Law enforcement agencies such as the Police, HMRC and taxation
USING WELCOMEDWELLING.COM WEBSITE
This section applies if you use or access the welcomedwelling.com website.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL WE COLLECT
- Name, address, email address, and telephone number, where you submit this information to us.
- IP address and your geographical
WHAT MARKETING ACTIVITIES DO WE CARRY OUT
- When you subscribe to our email notifications and/or newsletters we will send you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters – but only if you’ve agreed. You can unsubscribe from this type of communication at any time by clicking the link in the footer of the email or emailing us at [email protected] We also collect additional information in connection with your participation in any competitions that we run, or discount/special-offer marketing campaigns
- We also use Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and other marketing services in order to promote our serviced apartments on these Social Media
- We do not sell your information to third
When a decision is taken using personal information that is processed solely by automatic means, by using an algorithm or computer software, is referred to an Automated decision, instead of a decision that is made with some form of human involvement.
Welcomedwelling.com does not currently undertake automated decision making, but this could change at any time that it is felt beneficial for our Customers, and can help to provide a better service for them.
TIME THAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS KEPT FOR
All customers’ personal information is not kept longer than required, we will keep your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes set out above, and to comply with our legal, and regulatory obligations. If you submit an enquiry through our website, but do not proceed to make a booking at our or our partner properties, we will retain your personal information for 12 months. If you book one of our partners serviced apartments, through us, the personal information we collect from you, and from the relevant partner will be retained for 7 years.
We will only transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area, when we transfer information to our partners located outside of the EEA, where you have enquired about their serviced apartments, or are interested in booking the partners’ apartment. We are also entitled under the European data protection laws, to transfer your personal information to countries outside the EEA, if it is necessary for the performance of the contract, we have with you, and/or it is necessary to protect your vital interests i.e. your life is in danger. Other instances where your personal information is transferred to countries outside the EEA, such as when we transfer information to third party suppliers who are based outside the EEA, or when third parties who act on our behalf transfer your personal information to countries outside the EEA.
Where such a transfer takes place, we will take the appropriate safeguarding measures to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected, by entering into data transfer contracts using “standard contractual clauses”, and we will only transfer data to companies in outside the EEA who have been deemed by European data protection authorities to have adequate levels of data protection of personal information.
Welcomedwelling.com ensures that all our systems are protected using secure passwords, and multi-factor authentication mechanisms. All customer data is held within secure data centres using industry standard protection, and encrypted where applicable. All data access is protected by role, and user rights.
You have several data protection rights, which entitle you to request information about your personal information, to dictate what we do with it, or to stop us using it in certain ways.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights below, please contact our Data Protection Officer (details on pg 1). There will not normally be a charge for this.
We respect your rights in relation to personal information we hold about you, however we cannot always comply with your requests, if;
- We may not be able to delete your information, if we are required by law to keep it for a certain period of time.
- If we delete your information, we would not have the necessary information we need to complete your booking or manage your account with
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, and certain details of how we use it. We will normally provide this to you in writing, unless you request otherwise, or where you have made a request by electronic means such as email, we will provide such information in electronic form, where possible.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT
Where we rely on consent, as the legal ground to use your personal information, you are entitled to withdraw that original consent.
YOUR RIGHTS TO RECTIFY, AND/OR UPDATE INFORMATION
We make reasonable efforts to keep your personal information as up to date, complete, and accurate. We encourage you to ensure that your personal information is accurate, so please regularly let us know if you believe that the information, we hold about you may be inaccurate, not complete, or has changed. We will correct, and amend any such personal information, and notify any third-party recipients of necessary changes.
YOUR RIGHTS TO RESTRICT PROCESSING
In certain circumstances, in which you exercise this right, you can request that we stop using your personal information, such as where you believe that we no longer need to use your personal information.
YOUR RIGHT TO ERASURE, AND/OR OBJECT TO DIRECT MARKETING
You can request that we delete your personal information, if for example, we no longer need your personal information for the original purpose we collected it for, or where you have exercised you right to withdraw consent. Whilst, we will assess every request, this request is subject to legal and regulatory requirements, that we are required to comply with.
You can request that we stop sending you marketing messages at any time, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button in any emails that we send to you, or by contacting us using the details of the Data Protection Officer on Pg 1.
Please note that even if you exercise this right, because you do not want to receive marketing messages, we may still send you service related communications, where necessary.
RIGHT TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE ICO
Where you believe that we have breached data protection laws, when using your personal information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). For more information, visit the ICO’s website at https://ico.org.uk/. Please note that exercising this right, and lodging a complaint will not affect any other legal rights or remedies that you have.
As stated earlier, you can contact us directly to remedy any situation that concerns you, by reaching out to our Data Protection Officer – Ms Jagjeet Nwosu at E: [email protected]
We are continually improving our methods of communication, and alongside with changes in the Law, and the changing nature of technology, our data practices, and how we use your data will change from time to time. If, and when, our datat practices change, we will notify you, and will provide you with the most
up-to-date Policy. You can view this, by checking our website.
We offer Newsletter, or email subscription services, and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered, and whether to show certain notifications, which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users. We offer e-commerce payment facilities, and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages, so that we can process it properly.
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread, and trusted analytics solution on the web, for helping us understand how you use our site, and ways that we can improve the experience.
These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site, and the pages you visit, so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official site:
We work with a number of third-party agencies, who also use analytics to track, and measure usage of this site, so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things down, such as how long you spend on the site, or pages you visit, which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
If you do not wish to have cookies placed on your computer, you can disable them by amending the settings within your browser, but please keep in mind this could come with the drawback that certain features of the website may not function properly without this aid.
This Policy was last updated on 25th March 2020.